Friday, June 6, 2008

This amazing experience

This has been one unforgettable trip! Here we are, the day before we go home, and when I think of everything we did it leaves me somewhat speechless. Surprising because we had so many busy days. I had one main thing I wanted to accomplish while on this trip and that was to gain a better understanding of who I am. I would have to say I accomplished just that and more. I got to spend time with 16 other amazing people and get to know them for who they are. When you spend every waking day with these people for 3 weeks their true personalities do come out. I have had the opportunity to learn about myself through them and through the experiences here in Panama. It has definitely helped me grow up and appreciate the wonderful life I am fortunate enough to live.

Dr. JM and Ms. Gottel: Thank you for coming with us on this trip. Without you and your assistance it would have been one big mess. If it wasn't for your willingness to put up with 14 girls and a chief, how would we have gotten to this point.
Team Mental:
Caitlin, you are my little sass-a-frass and your great personality helped me to let loose a bit and not take things so seriously. Thank you!
Melissa, my little bargain girl! You take charge when it needs to be taken and you are going to be one great mom! Thanks for the most amazing pancakes ever!
Lydia, thank you for the knee to you know where and I will never forget your kindness despite that. P.S-I will always drink water!
Shadae, you have made me laugh so many times and taught me to let loose and have fun! Strike a pose! Thank you!
Tania, you are one fearless leader and know what you want in life. You will go on to do many things in your life through your determination. You have taught me to always stay determined! Thank you!
Team Maternal:
Jessica M., I thank you for all of your great wisdom. I feel as if I could talk to you about anything and you would always give the best advise. Thank you!
Courtney, My little miss quiet one. I am such a loud person and you have taught me to tone it down a bit. You are so kind and shy, I love that about you and thank you for your friendship! It was great getting to know you!
Lindsay, you have such an opinion and are not afraid to say...I love it. Thank you for all the great times and laughs!
Erin, you are also my little shy one but yet you are so funny. Thank you for teaching me to take life for what it is and enjoy the ride.
Tara, you have so much to offer this world. You enjoy everyday of life and always have a smile to give! Thank you!
Team Pediatrics:
J, you are my boy! I have had the chance to know before this trip and you are no different than before. You have a leader quality that is much appreciated. You have taught me to listen and not assume from the first word! Thank you!
Jessica: My little motormouth! We have so much in common we could be sisters! Thank you for all of your insight! You always have an opinion too and without it where would we be. Thank you!
Cristina and Christine, you both have been great friends on this trip and I know that it will always stay true. You both have been there for me in times that I am frustrated. You have allowed me to vent whenever and have never judged me for what I have said. You have given me your honest response and I thank you for that! You have taught me to keep on going no matter how my feelings have reacted to certain situations. Thank you for your friendship and helping me grow up. GO team tres! : )

To all of you. I sure there are things that I left out that I wanted to say to you in the previous comments. Bottom line, you have all helped me to accomplish my goal of this trip. I have not only been able to learn about myself but been able to grow through all of you. If there is anything at all that you guys ever need, I promise I will always be there for you. Please do not ever hesitate to ask for anything at all. I love you all and thank you again for this incredible and unforgettable experience!

No comments: