Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hospital tours-6-5-08

Today sadly was not as exciting yesterday, but still interesting. We visited the Hospital de Nino (Children's Hospital) and we visited the NICU. There were no kidding about 90 tiny newborns in critical, or intermediate care. It was something out of a movie. The nurse ratio???? 10:1, Again! Those nurses are some dedicated, hard working people. In the States I doubt any nurse would ever be able to keep up with 10 patients on any floor. We should really appreciate what we have. I have a learned a lot from both the Panamanian people, and the nurses and medical professionals. My community clinicals here, were more than I ever could have hoped for. I know that this experiance will stay with me throughout my career as a nurse. Still, I can't wait to be home on Saturday!!!! Tampa here I come!!!!!
>Jessica Meerbott

No comments: