Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bittersweet goodbye :-)

The day is finally here!!! In about one hour we will leave our beloved hostal amador to our respective homes, but I think everyone will leave a piece of themselves here ( okay, maybe just the snacks are left behind but you get the point). It´s funny now that I think about it, I was probably destined to come to Panama. To my suprise I ended up having a mini family reunion here last night. My father´s cousin owns a restaurant in the middle of Panama city this whole time and I didn´t even know it! I also have cousins my age studying in the University Latina were I had visited just weeks before. Even though I didn´t get to spend much time with them this time around, I´m now obliged to plan future trips here :-) I feel so blessed to be chosen by chance to be on this trip. I have gained the self-confidence and affirmation that I needed to know that nursing is the only career choice for me. I want to thank my professors Dr. Mallard and Ms. Gottel for your guidance and support. I also want to thank Dean Burns and Dr.Cadena for the wonderful dinner we had at the Miraflores restaurant as well as all the staff involved for making this trip possible. And lastly I want to thank all of my fellow nursing peeps for your friendship and encouragement, especially my roommates (group maternal child health 4 life!) for dealing with my battiness :-p Bon Voyage and hasta luego Panama!

--Tara Casimir

No comments: